Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A small tomb in Knowth Ireland

Lamb on Mound of the Hostages - Tara

Ok, I scaled an extremely steep and high hill to see this ancient tomb- the path was literally 8" wide. There were not any sheep on the hill, because it was too damn high.  We had the key to get into the passage.  It is estimated to be from 3000BC.  Not much inside but the view was fantastic- you could see forever along the hills..  Then I fell down the hill, (literally just like Jill) and rolled into a patch of Stinging Nettles.  My friend Tim rushed down and looked at me.  He said, "Mimi, take a moment..."  Yes, my blood went to 160 degrees Fahrenheit, and he was out of arms reach when he made the cheeky remark.  Enjoy the picture and take my advice- do not make the trek up this hill. (April 2008)

No comments: