The Metaphysical Plane being so vast, this is a site to discuss different modalities considered Paranormal or New Age. Please join in, suggest topics, and add to the community if you'd like. I hope you can take away something positive from this site and feel more spiritually grounded. Wishing you all the happiness in the world- Mimi
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Cleanse and Recharge your crystals! Lots of variations in one place!
Crystals have long been used in magic for their vibrations and healing properties. They are still used widely today for these and other reasons, including modern technology e.g. Computers (silicon chips), Watches, Radios etc.
Cleansing a Crystal
Crystals should always be cleansed when just purchased or if they have just been used in a healing ceremony. You should also cleanse them after they have been used in meditation practices a few times.
Crystals can be cleansed in many ways you can use salt, a smudge stick, pure water, organic dirt, sound, some dried herbs, the sun, and even the moon will recharge your crystals. Please use a little common sense when cleansing your crystals as not all stones are suitable for all cleansing types.
When using salt to cleanse your crystal, you will need: Salt and a container to hold the salt and the crystal.
Dry sea salt is the best to use, but in a pinch, you can use a non-iodine salt. Please be cautious with some stones in the salt, because it may damage your crystal if placed directly into the salt.
When using water to cleanse crystals, I prefer to use a natural source such as a stream, a lake, a river, rain, and my personal favorite is the waterfall. Place or hold your crystal in the water source of your choice and/or availability. The length of time needed for cleansing is up to you. When the crystal feels light, and you can feel the energy flowing within the crystal, it is cleared and ready for reprogramming.
You should not use this method with porous stones such as azurite or chrysocolla.
To use dirt for the cleansing of your crystal dig a hole and place the stone point down and loosely cover it back up with dirt. This is one of the most powerful ways to cleanse your crystal and/or mineral. It is always good to use a marker to mark where you put the stone, if you are planting it outside. Otherwise you can use a pot with organic soil. It is best not to let the crystals sit in the dirt for more than twenty-four hours.
Dried herbs are probably the gentlest way to cleanse your crystals and/or minerals. You can experiment on what herbs work best for you. A few examples that I have used are: sage, frankincense, rose petals, sandalwood, clovers, daisies, and comfrey. Just lay your stone into a bowl and sprinkle the dried herbs over the top.
You can also lay your crystal and/or mineral on top of a quartz cluster, which would include your amethyst clusters and citrine clusters depending on the type of cleansing needed. Just lay your stone on top of the cluster and allow the larger crystal to cleanse and recharge the smaller one. Of course the large cluster would need to be cleansed itself after doing this a couple of times.
You can use a Tibetan singing bowl, a bell, a tuning fork or anything that creates a pure sound such as the OM meditation sound, to clear your crystals with sound. Hold your stone close to the origin of the sound until you feel the energy in the crystal and/or mineral become cleared and filled with light and love.
You can smudge crystals with a few different types of things like: sage, sandalwood, cedar, and sweet grass. There are many other herbs and incense that can also be used. Simply light the smudge material the blow it out. Hold the crystal in the smoke that is created. Depending on the smudge material used, this will help to cleanse, charge, and protect your crystals.
The moonlight is a great way to recharge crystals. All you have to do is place the drained crystal outside, where the moonlight will hit it for a couple of hours.
Charging a Crystal
When you charge crystals you're basically giving them the chance torefresh their ability to focus and expand their energy. There areseveral reasons to do this.
1. Sometimes after you've cleared a crystal its energy may seem alittle dull or flat.
2. A crystal which hasn't been worked with for a while may also feel this way.
3. If you notice that a crystal has become cloudy you may want toboth clear and activate it.
4. If you want to program a crystal for a special purpose, before you program it you may want to activate its energy for that purpose.
1. Place crystals in the reflected light of Austrian crystals, i.e., where the rainbows from such crystals fall. (Note: Austrian crystalsare leaded glass, hence human-made crystals). The crystals can remainin place for as long as the Austrian crystals are reflecting sunlight.
2. Place crystals on a quartz cluster. Quartz amplifies the energy of any crystal with which it is in contact.
3. Crystals can also be activated with sound. * Put a crystal near a single-note chime and strike the chime gently
several times. This has a harmonizing effect on the crystal.
* If you like to chant and make it a regular practice do so in the presence of your crystals, especially if you want to use them as part of your meditational practice.
4. Your thoughts can have an activating or de-activating effect on crystals. If your thoughts have been gloomy and you've also been noticing that your crystals have gotten cloudy or dull, you'll realize that they've been absorbing your negativity. In this case do not delay in cleansing them thoroughly.
To activate crystals with your thoughts you could hold them in your hands and visualize them bathed in light and love. You can also tell them (either silently or aloud) how much you appreciate them. They may not understand the words (and, then again, they may), but your intention will be clearly transmitted.